An initiation corresponds to the first delivery of a treatment to a patient. These patients are called naive patients.
Initiation occurs when the patient has never received the treatment in question on the whole of the history available in the database. By default, the minimum history on which the presence or absence of delivery of the product is verified is 12 months (wash-out period *).
This indicator is available:
- # patients: Distinct number of patients who initiated treatment
- # units delivered: Number of units delivered (CU) for patients who have initiated treatment
- # average per year: Number of treatment initiations divided by the number of months in the analysis period, multiplied by 12
- # average per month: Number of treatment initiations divided by the number of months over the analysis period
* All of the available history is taken into account for counting initiations, and the wash-out period is at least 12 months.
Use & Analytics subscription