A new treatment corresponds to the initiation of treatment or to the taking of a treatment following an interruption.
This is a new treatment when the patient has never received the treatment in question on all of the history available in the database (wash-out *) or within a period (drop-out *) considered too long to be a renewal.
This indicator is available:
- # patients: Distinct number of patients who took a new treatment
- # units delivered: Number of units delivered (CU) for patients who have taken a new treatment
- # average per year: Number of new treatments divided by the number of months over the analysis period, multiplied by 12
- # average per month: Number of new treatments divided by the number of months during the analysis period
* All of the available history is taken into account for the recognition of initiations, and the wash-out period is at least 12 months.
The drop-out period is defined by the user. It corresponds to the time required to confirm the end of treatment.
Use & Analytics subscription